Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ribbon, Changes and BUILDING THE NEW!










So here I sit, with my I'm ashamed of my blogging habits behavior.  As much as I intend to update and blog on a regular basis I just don't make the time to do so.  Therefore, no excuses...we will just go with, I will try to do better!

Oh so much has changed in the (rather long) time that it's been since my last post and as I sit and reflect it becomes quite thought provoking. Especially when I find myself awake in the middle of the night with thousands of thoughts; New products for Toddle Tags, Did I send in the check for that school fee? Why did I drink a Diet Coke at 9pm knowing it would keep me awake?  Will my heart survive watching my daughter learn difficult life lessons?  Will she ever know how very proud and impressed I am for the way she is handling disappointment with such grace and dignity? Did I switch the laundry to the dryer before bed and how did another day go by without finding time to call my sister and... oh, is that a bug on the ceiling or a shadow? Etc., etc., etc... you get the picture. So with those thoughts in mind, I find myself reflecting on the challenges of change rather than the blessings of change. Not good!  I then decide that I must embrace these changes and find the good in them.  With that in mind, as I so often do, I find myself seeking a direction, so I say a prayer and decide... Let's start with understanding change, defined (thanks to handy dandy google) as;

change

                  [cheynj]                 
verb (used with object), changed, changing.
1.
to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone
 
 
Hmmm...that can't possibly be what I'm experiencing.  It actually kind of has a positive ring to it, "different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone".   Well, if we would have left alone our chevron bag tags and not added ribbon they would never be as cute and unique as they are now, so that's a positive!  Maybe this change thing isn't half bad...let me look into it further.  Back to Google I go to look for "positive quotes regarding change".  Before I even have half of it typed in the Google Fairy, you know the one that automatically just knows what you are searching for and fills it in for you... OR thinks it's funny to not pull up anything remotely close to what you are searching for making you feel as if you are the ONLY person on earth who has ever looked up this very topic...depends on the day and maybe her mood, I guess.  ANYWAY, she (the Google fairy) pre-filled my search with "positive quotes about change."  Of course I spent WAY too much time there reading these cool quotes and found several that I love, this was one of my favorites; 



 
 
Ironically, I just spoke this week to a friend regarding a difficult situation and his words were, "this is a building block." I just love when God puts those subtle things in your path! So with that spirit in mind and the words of one of my favorite friend's, "let's plow forward" and see where it takes us!  Building the new... which will include many new products for Toddle Tags.  By the way, have you seen our new vinyl products?  Probably not since we haven't added but only one to our website so far, however...here's a sneak peek of what's to come:
 
 
Fun, right?  Yep, lots more ideas and cool stuff coming soon!  Which I now will consider part of the, "building the new" phase.  I like it, it's positive, it's productive and it's going to happen...stay tuned for further updates!

So off I go to BUILD THE NEW in my attitude toward change, among other things... :-)




P.S. Don't you love when you do spell check and it doesn't find any wrong?  Yes, that rocks!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment